* 4w5 and 5w4 hang over the abyss, we are at the bottom, bridging the largest gap down in the basement of the enneagram:
* 9:40 on the video: the FIVE is going to the school of art to learn, but the FOUR you are the artist, and going to the THREE you take your art and display it. I'm so glad to be doing this, to every so often take the lift out of the basement and connect with those I love, bringing them into what I know and love creatively.
* The FOUR pulls others down into their depth. They are all about depth. They change others and the world with their insight. Their emotion and willingness to face pain can be a revelation towards change for other enneagram types if they will allow it.
* This video also spells out the FIVE so well - keeping people at a distance, severing connections, sorting information, research, facts, crazy theories, scientific, gathering data about others and topics (data that can be calculated, quantified, put on spreadsheets), addiction with a new mission / person / topic. But hey FIVE, get out of your head, what does your heart say, you need the FOUR emotion. Where's your wisdom? You need me. I've been there, having a FIVE wing.
* The comments are great, especially one where they refute going to the THREE because "We can't risk being hurt or taken because people kick us when we are down." So very true. Yes, I've had that happen to me and have tried the THREE wing path many times in the desire to bring people with me by sharing my art (piano, painting, words, journalling, giving away my heart and, spontaneously, all my data). But things can become so intense, so fraught, so overwhelming, then so cold that FOURs go to the basement for solace. But then yearn for that connection again only to find the path insurmountable because of walls up in others. But I keep trying as I get older, unlike my resistance when I was younger. Although sometimes I give up. Their loss. Take it or leave. Me.
The FOUR path is not easy but oh so rewarding within our deepest innermost soul. Even when / if we walk it alone. "Others who can't stay in the basement long don't live at the bottom of the Enneagram. You do." That's us FOURs. Come on in. Let me turn on the light.